Tuesday, August 21, 2012

color block wedges


I have recently gotten into wearing wedges. They are so much easier to wear than heels! I have had this project in mind for a long time, so I'm so excited that I finally completed it. I've teamed up with ScotchBlue Painter's Tape to bring you a video tutorial! I've never done a video on this blog before and to be honest, I was really nervous to make one but I hope you like it! 

Materials:
*A pair of wedges: the higher the better! The higher the wedge, the more painting canvas you have
*ScotchBlue Painter's Tape
*3 colors of paint, your choice
*foam brushes 


This is such a fun way to customize a pair of shoes! I think making squares or another geometric pattern would be neat, too.


This post is a collaboration with ScotchBlue Painter's Tape.  Visit ScotchBlue Ribbons on Facebook to learn how to win.



10 comments:

  1. You're a genius! LOVE these, and just pinned. Thanks for opening up my mind and now I'll never look at plain wedges the same. Oh the possibilities!
    Stacia @ http://feathersandsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice legs kate! also cool idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your real voice isn't the voice I assigned you in my head, but I'm getting used to the new association...lol! Cute tutorial!

    -Ash P
    http://distractedashley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!! Now I have to go out and buy some wedges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea!! I have an old pair of cork wedges that need a re-vamp too.
    What type of paint did you use? Did you seal it somehow?

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same question here :) Great idea, I am looking for days for something to save my favorite stilettos from throwing them away :)
      I bought a blue spray (called "bleu industriale") that should work on wood, plastic, fabrics etc., so I'm gonna try it out after I sand the stiletto heels! Yey! :)

      Delete
    2. I used glidden paint samples from the hardware store. You could probably use any paint though! Good luck!

      Delete
  6. I've been reading your blog for ages and love it but this idea is really really awesome I couldn't not comment : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautifull idea! I like it, think I'm gonna make that too :)

    ReplyDelete